Women of Distinction Awards
Event Location: Winnipeg, MB, RBC Convention Centre, May 3, 2017
The YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards Gala is a celebration of the talent, achievement, imagination and innovation of Manitoban women who have made a unique and exemplary contribution to the development of others and to their community.
Help us recognize the ongoing efforts, dedication and leadership of the strong, talented and selfless women who help shape our society. This year’s event will take place on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at the RBC Winnipeg Convention Centre.
Proceeds from the YMCA-YWCA Women of Distinction Awards Gala support a variety of YMCA-YWCA programs that touch the lives of women, youth and children in our city. These resources bring tremendous societal benefits such as:
- reducing isolation and building connections with the greater community
- creating awareness in regards to violence prevention
- improving self-esteem in young women
- educating female youth on the importance of developing healthy relationships
- providing resources to assist girls in identifying and overcoming negative body-issue stereotypes
Commemorate the inspiration
Designed by Hilary Druxman exclusively for the YMCA-YWCA of Winnipeg! Enscribed with “she flies by her own wings”, this sterling silver pendant with 18″ chain is a tribute to the devotion, vision and pioneering spirit of Manitoban women whose transformative work enrich our lives. Purchase your necklace today!